Search This Blog

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

I'm Back Bitches

Sure has been awhile since I posted on this thing. Alot has happened this past year, I just can't believe I'm already a year into my Games Design degree; only a year and something to go!

I think I've decided where to head with this degree, I either want to make games (obviously) or I want to head into journalism for a Gaming Magazine. I'm hoping I will not need to study journalism for that second one (I do not want to be at uni for another 4 or so years after this degree.) I guess, if I really wanted to, I could do both, but there's only so much time in one day.
Business Kitty has little time for tomfoolery!

Got a few goals this year too, I'll list them here, for my humiliating pleasure.

1. Get at least credits in all my units

This is a pretty straight forward one. I only passed some of my units last year. One I even failed (god, if I failed Intro to Programming, I don't look forward to the rest.) Last tri, I did a little better getting credits in all my units. That felt pretty good to me, even though most people got distinctions. I'm happy with credits because to be frank, I ain't that smart. Although, distinctions and high distinctions would be amazing, I feel like aiming that high would be unrealistic.

2. Be less of a self-absorbed dick this year

So, I will admit, I can be pretty self-absorbed. It can sometimes alienate me from my friends and it sorta destroyed my relationship last year so I need to be a little more aware of other people's problems. Who knows? Maybe I'll change from the sassy person you people seem to love.

3. Make some new friends and open up to the ones you have

This kinda relates to my second one. But, then again, it's pretty different. I'm self-absorbed but I'm also the silent type when it comes to personal things. I don't think that's on, and I know that seems kind of contradictory to my second goal, but it'll be for the better; honest. I need to meet more people, I need to come out of my judgemental shell more and be a little more open minded. I'm not racist or homophobic; I just hate derros, hipsters, Kardashian wannabes, cheap sluts, bitchy gays ect

4. Learn to play guitar adequately

I know that you can't master the guitar in a year flat unless you dedicate your life to it 24/7. I've always wanted to learn the guitar; I've even got a guitar. I just haven't really played it. I want to learn all the major and minor notes and a good handful of songs by the end of this year. Some people just seem to be born with the talent for guitar, not sure about me...

Ok, I'll admit it, I put that last line in there just so I could use the photo of this ADORABLE horse!

That's it really; that's the three main things I want to achieve for this year. I also plan to update this at least once a fortnight, although when uni starts up again, I don't know if I could be fucked or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment